Despite being one of the oldest forms of digital marketing in existence, email marketing remains a vital tool for B2B companies to build profitability and reach their audience. However, it’s essential that you take the right steps to ensure success with your account-based email marketing campaigns.
- A/B Test: This should not need to be mentioned, but you cannot send the same email message to all accounts, so you’ll need to test your messages and see what resonates most with each account. A/B testing with metrics ensures you can intelligently market based on real-world information.
- Focus on Mobile: Just as with consumer-facing marketing, B2B marketers need to pay attention to mobile devices. In fact, it’s best practice to optimize for mobile now. 50% of marketing emails are read ONLY on a mobile device. Don’t let your message get lost in the shuffle due to a lack of optimization.
- Solve Problems: Business owners and decision makers are motivated by problems, and in order to get them to read your message, you need to convince them that you have insight on how to solve those problems. Your subject line is the key to achieving that goal.
- Out of the Box Personalization: You already know the importance of personalizing your emails, but chances are good you do not think about personalizing the sent-from account. You need to ensure that the sending email comes from someone as high up the food chain as the recipient, or higher if possible. From engineers to the C-suite, you need addresses of all ranks to be successful.
- Let Them Out: When was the last time you unsubscribed from a B2B campaign? How difficult was it to do that? It’s often very hard, and that leads to a negative perception of you and of your business. Make it easier on your recipients to opt out.
Following these email marketing tips will help ensure you see greater success and traction.